Chop the onions and garlic. Cut the chili into 1 cm pieces.
Remove the seeds if you want to avoid the heat. Lightly fry the
onion and garlic, add the chili and let sizzle for a minute. Add
the stock cube and the white wine or water. Add the beluga lentils
and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, mash the feta cheese and mix with the whipping cream. Season with olive oil and pepper. Add the olives and let simmer a bit more if the lentils are not ready. Add some water if the pan gets too dry. Halve the tomatoes and add half. When the lentils are softened, add the remaining tomatoes and half of the roughly hacked coriander.
Mash the feta cheese and mix with the whipping cream. Season with olive oil and pepper. Remove the pot, top with the feta cream, the remaining coriander as well as the beet chips. Enjoy.
- Soak the lentils in water for 2-4 hours if you want to shorten the cooking time.
- If you do not have access to cream, crumble the feta cheese directly over the pot.
- Squeeze a little lime or lemon over the pot.
- Replace cilantro with parsley (preferably fresh).
- Replace red beet chips with thinly sliced crispy rye bread.